Job Vacancies at Swinley Bike Hub
Listed below are our current job vacancies. If none are displayed, it just means we're not actively looking for new staff at the moment - if this is the case and you still feel you'd be perfect to work for us, we're always interested in hearing from good people, so do drop us an email with your CV and a short note on why you'd be perfect to work in the forest with us to: email@example.com
Scroll to below Job vacancies or click to see our Ambassador Programme Details
"The Summit" Operations Weekend/Weekday Lead x 2
Date Posted: 10th May 2023. Date Closing: 15th June 2023.
Part Time Regular Hours. Immediate Start. OVER 18's ONLY!. Self-Employed individuals welcome.
We're looking for 2 responsible adults to take the lead in operating The Summit Facility during opening times. This is mainly at the weekends, with some weekday daytimes and evenings. We expect this role to be shared between two people.
The Company: Swinley Bike Hub sits at the trail head of the Swinley Forest Trail Centre, Berkshire, RG12 7QW. Swinley Bike Hub is an independently owned business that offers bike hire, coaching, corporate activities and also operates a 10-acre bike park style facility in the hear of the forest. We have a culture of embracing the forest that surrounds us and we are looking to hire into our team two Operation Leads to run The Summit Facility during opening hours.
Job summary: As a Summit Operations Lead, you will be the main staff member in The Summit.
• Opening and Closing The Summit according to standard operating procedures during opening times. Be a key holder for the facility.
• Undertaking daily dynamic risk assessments and actioning any discovery possible with the trail, coaching and management team.
• Checking customers in and out, selling & checking memberships and ensuring all users have signed a waiver.
• Be the first port of call for Emergencies in The Summit including first aid incidents and applying the Emergency operating procedure where required.
• Undertake basic trail maintenance such as sweeping or clearing of rubbish off trails when instructed by the trail team.
• Ensuring the Summit Hub is organised and kept clean and tidy at all times.
• Communicating with the trail team when trail maintenance is required and opening/closing features in line with the trail team requirements.
• Maintain high Health & Safety standards and adhere to all Health & Safety policies.
• Follow all risk assessments and safe systems of work relevant to your role.
Note: This job description is not exhaustive and will be subject to periodic review. It may be amended to meet the changing needs of the business.
The post-holder will be expected to participate in this process, and we would aim to reach agreement on any changes.
• A First Aid Certificate is required for the role, but full training can be provided.
• Calm under pressure. It is expected that the post holder(s) are highly likely to have to deal with first aid incidents, therefore we encourage those with experience of this to apply. There is the possibility of witnessing unpleasant injuries.
• Ability to calmly and carefully deal with difficult customers.
• 2 years+ experience of working in a fast-paced customer environment.
• A love and understanding of mountain biking is desired but not essential.
• Customer Service/Phone Manner.
• Leadership skills.
• Availability to work at least one weekend day per week on a regular basis.
This role will be mainly undertaken outside in all weathers, so please be aware of this when applying. We would like to iterate the need for the post holder to be aware the nature of the facility and the activity undertaken within the facility that there may be times when the post holder is required to deal with distressing first aid incidents. There will be processes in place to support the post holder before, during and after but we feel the post would suit individuals who are mature enough to understand this.
• Free membership for post holder and immediate family to The Summit
• Regular staff events
• Discount on equipment, access to bike hire* and workshop services
• Significant discount on coaching services
• Competitive day rate
*Subject to availability
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your details and a short cover letter detailing why you feel you'd be perfect for the role and why you'd like to work in The Summit at Swinley Bike Hub.
MTB Coaches & MTB Guides - Freelance
(Also open to those who are interested in being trained to become coaches or guides!)
Date Posted: 15th May 2023. Date Closing: Ongoing.
Working weekdays and/or weekends. Immediate Start.
We are looking for qualified Mountain Bike Coaches and Mountain Bike Guides to join the Swinley Bike Hub Coaching team. Ideally you will already be fully qualified with a British Cycling Level 2 MTB, MIAS or MBCUK qualification for coaching or a British Cycling Guide, TTL or other guide qualification; however we are interested in chatting to experience mountain bikers with a keen interest in coaching or guiding and in this case we would consider putting you through your qualification's whilst working with us.
Swinley Bike Hub offer coaching and guiding in the forest 7 days a week, alongside school and corporate groups, we have a variety of group courses, youth coaching and private coaching. We offer coaching from a riders' first off-road pedal strokes all the way through to their first gap jump and beyond. The coaching facilities on offer are second to none in the South.
As Swinley Bike Hub hold the sole license to operate coaching services in the forest, this is your chance to come and be part of a fun, hard working team!
All coaches will need a valid first aid certificate (preferably Outdoor First Aid), have undertaken a safeguarding course (we can provide this) and undertake an Enhanced DBS check.
If this sounds like you and you are available to offer your time on a freelance basis, then please drop an email to Jeni@swinleybikehub.com with a few lines as to why you'd like to join the SBH coaching team.