Job Vacancies at Swinley Bike Hub
Listed below are our current job vacancies. If none are displayed, it just means we're not actively looking for new staff at the moment - if this is the case and you still feel you'd be perfect to work for us, we're always interested in hearing from good people, so do drop us an email with your CV and a short note on why you'd be perfect to work in the forest with us to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Scroll to below Job vacancies or click to see our Ambassador Programme Details
Date Posted: 7th February 2023. Date Closing: 28th April 2023.
Full Time or Part Time Considered. Immediate Start.
We're looking for a Workshop Mechanic responsible for supporting the Workshop Manager to manage our 100 bike fleet, and to onboard, service and engage with our customers on their bike servicing. Must hold Cytech Level 2 Technical Qualification as a minimum.
The Company: Swinley Bike Hub sits at the trail head of the Swinley Forest Trail Centre, Berkshire, RG12 7QW. Swinley Bike Hub is an independently owned business that is looking to grow our workshop and workshop services. We have a culture of embracing the forest that surrounds us and we are looking to hire into our team a mechanic to manage our fleet and to grow our customer servicing portfolio.
Job summary: As Mechanic, you are responsible for supporting the workshop manager to manage our 100 bike fleet, and to onboard, service and engage with our customers on their bike servicing. Responsibilities:
• Managing the Vitus & Trek hire and demo fleet whilst supporting the workshop manager.
• Managing daily repair workload and working with wider team across the business in daily activities
• Workshop calendar management and monitoring lead times to ensure growth of customer base and workshop efficiency.
• Constant review on tooling needs and condition of existing tools
• Ability to form quotes for repair within a customer’s budget.
• The ability to carry out all types of servicing at the most professional level.
• A high level of product knowledge, knowing supplier brands and use of B2B websites.
• Knowledge of POS systems, to be able to contact customers to arrange bike collections, via email, SMS or phone.
• Maintain high Health & Safety standards and adhere to all Health & Safety policies.
• Follow all risk assessments and safe systems of work relevant to your role.
Note: This job description is not exhaustive and will be subject to periodic review. It may be amended to meet the changing needs of the business.
The post-holder will be expected to participate in this process, and we would aim to reach agreement on any changes.
• Cytech 2 / equivalent qualifications.
• 2 years+ experience of working as a mechanic a within a professional high paced environment.
• Great Communication Skills/Organisation
• Customer Service/Phone Manner.
• Leadership skills.
• The ability to lift and deal with bikes 25kg+.
• Availability to work weekdays and weekends as necessary.
To apply, please email email@example.com with your CV and a short cover letter detailing why you feel you'd be perfect for the role and why you'd like to work at Swinley Bike Hub.
Weekday/Weekend Crew - Part time/Holiday cover
Date Posted: 7th February 2023. Date Closing: Ongoing.
Working Sundays with additional ad-hoc hours. Immediate Start.
We are looking for an energetic team members ready to work in the forest and fulfil the responsibilities involved. The role includes working with bikes through serving customers face-to-face, over the phone and via email; delivering safety briefings; and being part of the SBH crew. We are looking for fun, professional, customer-facing talent who are always happy to be in the forest and will go the extra mile to ensure our customers have the best experience with us.
There will be options for ad-hoc overtime to cover additional days both in the hub and in The summit.
Please drop us your CV along with a few lines as to why you would like to join the SBH crew to firstname.lastname@example.org.