Terms & conditions
Swinley Bike Hub Summary of Terms & Conditions
Bike Hire Terms
You are about to take part in a high-risk activity. You will minimise this risk by following the safety rules and advice in the mountain bike essentials code (Available at The Hub). If you don’t follow the safety rules and advice you could have a serious accident that could be fatal.
A qualified mechanic assesses hire bikes weekly and carries out appropriate servicing and maintenance to ensure the bikes suitability to be ridden on the graded trails at Swinley Forest. However, please assess your bike before hire.
THE HIRER IS RESPONSIBLE for the bike and the equipment and will be liable for any loss, theft or damage to the bike or equipment through the agreed hire term.
POSITIVE IDENTIFICATION – is required from each hirer plus a permanent address and car registration. You must bring a valid driving licence or passport and a debit / credit card as proof of identification prior to gaining hire. No ID, No Card, No Hire and No Refund!
PAYMENT for hiring is due before or at commencement of hiring. Delays in returning rental bikes will be charged for at the specified rate on the late section of the hire form.
LOSS AND DAMAGE DEPOSIT – a £250/bike deposit is required when hiring a bike. Swinley Bike Hub will take a swipe of your card for this deposit. The hirer will be liable to pay in full the cost of any loss, theft or damage of the bike/equipment, which may be over and above that of the security deposit.
Any damage will be charged for at cost price. Hire bikes should only be ridden on the grade of trail that they are designed for. Any bikes found to have been ridden on a trail above the grade they are designed for will have their damage deposit withheld.
SECURITY – bikes must not be left unattended at any time unless locked securely. Overnight hire is not permitted on any equiptment, bikes must be returned to Swinley Bike Hub shop at the end of each hire term and hire bikes must not leave Swinley Forest at any time.
Hire Duration Times
Hire bikes are hired in minimum 2 hour duration time slots. This time duration can be extended by the hour by notifying Swinley Bike Hub prior to Hire commencement, or prior to hire terminating by means of proactive contact to Swinley Bike Hub to extend that time. Failure to notify Swinley Bike Hub of extension of time will result in the late penalties to be engaged at the rate as per on the hire form.
Time slots start at 0900 daily and end at 1800 daily. Last hire from Swinley Bike Hub is 16:00 for the bike to be returned by 18:00.
Daylight saving hours will affect the timings as above, and this will be communicated on the Swinley Bike Hub web site as appropriate.
Although Swinley Bike Hub endeavour to keep bike specifications as close to possible as stock, we cannot guarantee they will be exactly as displayed on our website. If there is a particular specification feature you would like on your bike please call us on 01344 360229 to confirm.
CANCELLATION – within 24 hours, full charge. Within 2 weeks 60% cancellation charge, within 1 month 40% cancellation charge.
CHILDREN – Children aged 18 years and under must be accompanied by an adult at all times (including on the trails), no adult, no ride, no refund! If a booking is made for a person under the age of 18 you must notify Swinley Bike Hub as soon as you book, notifying us of who will be accompanying them.
Junior bikes are for children under 4ft 7”.
HELMETS are mandatory with the hire of a bike from Swinley Bike Hub, if you do not have one you will be required to accept one as part of the hire agreement. No bike will be hired without a helmet (either your own or hired). No Helmet, No Hire, No Refund.
The hire of bikes from Swinley Bike Hub does not include any guidance, coaching or instruction on the bike or trails, unless specifically requested and purchased by the hirer as an additional service from Swinley Bike Hub and one of the qualified trail leaders.
Coaching Services Terms
- Coaching sessions can be booked as either a private session with a coach or as a group session with a coach of up to 6-8 riders per coach. Each coaching session may or may not include access to The Summit facility when accompanied by the coach subject to the requirements of the session. Details on our full range of coaching sessions can be found here. www.swinleybikehub.com/coachin...
- Our coaching team will endeavour to deliver all the skills listed for each lesson stage. However, skills attained by you may be dependent on your personal rate of progression or that of others in your group. For your own safety, our coaching team will not over-accelerate your learning before you are ready to move on to the next level.
- Group sessions are labelled as standard or YOUTH. Youth sessions are designed for riders 15 and under and are ability driven.
- Private Coaching for those under 15 must either be as a Parent & Child session or a parent must be in visible sight at all times.
- Group youth sessions will ONLY take place if 3 or more clients are booked on. This is due to safeguarding regulations.
- To ensure the safety of all riders, no-one other than our qualified coaches are permitted to teach on The Swinley Forest Trails or within The Summit Facility. Anyone found to be coaching or soliciting for clients to coach who isn’t a member of our staff, or does not have clear prior approval from us, will be asked to leave the premises and may be permanently excluded.
- Cancellations and rescheduling terms for booked coaching sessions are detailed at the bottom of this page.
- Rearranging coaching sessions can be done from within your booking in advance or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org in line with the terms below.
- Your cancellation rights are set out below. To cancel your order, or otherwise request a refund, you can do so within your account on our website or on our app or by contacting us by email on email@example.com. You will need your details and order reference number to do this.
- If you cannot attend Swinley Bike Hub or The Summit for your allocated time for any reason, you may be able to re-schedule or cancel your visit, depending on when you notify us in advance. The table below sets out the refund fees that we may be applied to your order for a refund to be processed.
|Re-arrangements (per rider)
|On day/No show
|24 hours before
|48 hours before
|3-6 days before
|Full payment forfeit
|Full payment forfeit
|Refund Fee (per rider)
|On day/No show
|24 hours before
|48 hours before
|3-6 days before
Note, all notice timings relate to 12:01 AM on the morning of your booking. I.e to give 48 hours notice for a booking on a Friday, you will need to give notice no later than 12:01AM on the preceding Wednesday.
There is a £5 fee for ALL refunds due to processing fees.
Helmets. We have a strict helmet policy. If you do not wear a helmet whilst riding, you will be asked to leave and will not be refunded. Ensure that your helmet meets standard EN1078 as a minimum, is less than three years old, is in good shape and properly adjusted; we highly recommend the use of full face protection helmets with higher levels of protection such as ASTFM F1952-DH within The Summit Facility. Gloves, eye protection and body armour are also highly recommended.
Staff representations. Anything said to you by a sales person or member of our staff on our behalf should not be understood as a variation of any of these terms, nor as a representation about the nature and quality of the products and services we offer.
Safety. For the safety of our team and guests, we reserve the right to ask anyone to leave our premises if we suspect a guest is under the influence of drink or drugs. Additionally, irresponsible behaviour, endangering other riders, being abusive to other riders, or causing general disharmony will result in a permanent exclusion from our services and facilities. We want to ensure our business maintains a friendly reputation and therefore we have a zero-tolerance policy on abuse directed at our team members or other riders under any circumstances. This includes abuse or threats made in person or online on social media platforms. Should we have concerns relating to any such abuse, we will not hesitate to inform the police and pursue legal action in all instances. We will also permanently exclude the individual from our services and facilities, without refund. Please see our Acceptance of Risk disclaimer for more information.
Swinley Bike Hub Ltd, Company number 08923599 , Address: Swinley Bike Hub The Look Out Discovery Centre Nine Mile Ride Bracknell Berkshire RG12 7QW www.swinleybikehub.com Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 01344 360229