Build your confidence and gain trail flow
Do you lack confidence on the bike? This is the course for you! This is your "I am new to Mountain Biking, and I want to make sure I am doing it right", or "I know I have picked up some bad habits, can you help me reset to a clean slate?" course.
The Summit coaches will cover the fundamental skills on the bike with building confidence to get you around every trail in a safe, controlled and fun way. Trail confidence is about making sure you are using the trail to be as efficient as possible with the bike, checking your bike for safety before riding, riding position in descents and introduction to cornering, trail flow & line choice on the trails.
Come along with your bike and your smile and you'll have a great session!
Looking for a Women's only Core skills and confidence course? Book here...
- Introduction of each rider in group – how long have you been riding for, where have you been, short/long term goals, areas of trail riding that you would like to build confidence on?
- Safety "M" check - making sure your bike is safe to ride
- Equipment checklist and recommendations
- Saddle Height
- Bike Reach (length)
- Tyre Pressure
- The correct bike setup is key to being able to achieve correct trail techniques!
- Introduction of riding techniques one by one including head movement, body position and footwork
- Descending "The Ready" Position
- Cornering technique for stability
- Climbing technique & use of gears - let's make them as easy as possible!
- Linking skills & features together to ride the trail with flow
Other PURCHASE OPTIONS
Group Trail Progression (Intermediate - Advanced) - Age 14+
2 hours @ £60.00
Our Group sessions are maximum 6 people, so they are a great way to get some all important coaching, whilst meeting new people with similar interests and goals, at a cheaper price than the tailored 1:1 sessions!
Private 1:1 Coaching Session
2 hours @ £125.00
1:1 private coaching sessions are open to all levels of adults and intermediate/advanced young riders 16 & over.
For children 15 & under, please ONLY book a private 1:1 if your child is of intermediate standard or above. A parent or guardian will need remain with the child & coach at all times. (Intermediate sessions are likely to be held in the Summit where there is an area to wait).